Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Saying Goodbye....... again

Well, I had to take Joe to the airport today. Just thinking about it brings me to tears. He was so quiet the entire ride to the airport. I guess the reality of it all really hit him and he was really depressed. I am so worried about him. He encountered hostile fire just 2 weeks before he came home on leave and I'm so afraid that it's going to keep happening. Now that he's put a ring on my finger, I'm so worried that he'll never make it to the wedding. I know that I can't let myself think that way because it will just get me permanently depressed.... but it's still so hard. The kids took the goodbye a LOT better than I did.... I think it's because they don't understand that not only is he gone, but he's also not in a safe location. It's probably best that they don't know EVERYTHING. But since I obviously do, it just makes it so hard to let him go. When he woke up this morning and put on his uniform, I about cried right there. All I want in this life is for him to come home SAFE. Nothing else really matters at this point. So please keep him (and the kids and I too) in your prayers... we all really need it.


No comments: