Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Missing my sweetie....

Well, Joe's plane left at about 3 AM this morning. So I spent about an hour bawling my eyes out in the middle of the night. I try to hard to trust that he's going to be safe, but the truth is... no one really knows for sure. I know that a TON of people are praying for him, but what if it's God's will that he not come home? I'm sorry, but God's will or not, I just can't accept that. I can't imagine my life without him. He is the very core of this family and my house just feels empty and lonely without him here. Some days (like today) I just can't function. I've cried off and on all day and I can't seem to make myself focus on something else. I think the hardest part is knowing that I won't be able to call him. If I'm lonely and missing him terribly, I'll just have to sit and pray that he'll call me. I won't be able to send him text messages just telling him that I love him, I won't be able to talk to him as long as I want, I won't even be able to hear his voice for probably about a week. Okay... now I'm crying again. I never thought I could ever love him as much as I do. And now that abundance of love is just causing me an abundance of pain. I love him so much and I hate that he is half a world away. But all I can do is pray, and pray, and pray.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love you Danielle. (((HUG))) I wish I could be there in person with you through all of this. I cannot imagine going through what you are going through right now.

Lee Ann said...

I love you too. I'll be praying for you often that God gives you peace and patients to wait this through. If it helps at all, which this probably won't, a lady here in town has a 9 month old and a 4 year old and her husband left and only has one 2 week leave out of 400 days he will be gone. At least it is less than that for you. :) I wish I could spend some time with you so you could forget he is gone for a little while.