Sunday, December 7, 2008

Deployments SUCK

I hate how secretive the military is!!! I understand why they do it, but I can't grasp the EXTENT to which they do it!!! I can understand why the soldiers can't tell anyone the exact time of their departure... that I get. But why on God's green earth can't they tell you that they have to leave to go PEE?!?! I was online talking to Joe and he said that he had to go because he had to pee and eat. I asked him when he would be online later and he said, "I can't tell you that. Honestly, I wasn't even suppose to tell you why I was getting offline." How stupid is that?! I'm am sorry, but I HIGHLY doubt that Al-Qaeda cares when and where Joseph King goes pee! It just makes it really hard to talk to him because he can't tell me about ANY part of his day!! And then before he flew out to Afghanistan, I told him that I would try my absolute hardest to not bitch to him as much about what I hate about the military and about what sucks in my life. So then, if he can't tell me about his life, and I'm not allowed to bitch about mine.... WHAT ARE WE TO TALK ABOUT?!?! We literally have conversations about the weather there, the weather here, Jillian's bowel movements, and not much else! I can understand not being able to talk about the big things like their missions and what their movements are, but why can't they at least talk about the little things?! Honestly, I do to a small degree like the fact that he's not able to tell me about the big things. Because I would be worried sick if I talked to Joe and he said, "Well, I have to go. We have to go deliver supplies and we'll be crossing over 4 enemy territories while we're at it." So that much I'm glad I don't know about. But I hate that I can't even know when he'll be back online to talk to me! For instance: Joe called me on my phone about 45 minutes ago and the connection was bad so he said he would call me back in just a little bit. That was 45 minutes ago!! It's not like I can call him! I tell you what..... deployments SUCK!!

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I am so sorry you are feeling down about this. I hope the time will fly by for you so you will be able to see him soon. When is he coming home?

Jolena said...

What helped Steve was to go ahead and talk about the everyday things that I did. It made him feel better hearing about the everyday life and that it was still normal. I always told him how proud I was of him at the end of our conversations. Steven couldn't tell me anything either....so I understand your frustration. He can tell if he's had a good or bad day, etc...just do the best you can to let him know how much you love hime!!!