Saturday, November 15, 2008

camera & FRG meeting

Good news! Joe's sister found my camera!! I was SOOO relieved!! With Joe coming home for a visit the end of the month, I did NOT want to be without a camera! Especially since we'll be doing a shortened version of all birthdays and Christmas while he's home.

And I went to a FRG (family readiness group) meeting today and that went really well. We helped stuff stockings with goodies to send over to the soldiers for Christmas and then we also got to watch a DVD that they put together for the Soldiers and it has some pics of the families and the troops, and at the end, they had the music video to 3 Doors Down "Citizen Soldiers". I added the song to my blog page, but I HIGHLY recommend going on YouTube to see the actual video! I BAWLED my eyes out when we watched it. 3 Doors Down actually made the song SPECIFICALLY for the National Guard... which is really interesting. It's probably one of my favorite songs now. That and "Come Home Soon" by SheDaisy... which is also one of the songs in that MP3 player thingie. It will give you something to do for a little bit anyway. ;)

I think that's about it for today. Take care!

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Congrats on finding your camera. I still haven't found ours. I need to buy a disposable one and hope I get a new camera for Christmas.

Shannon said...

I am so glad you got your camera back!! What days exactly is Joe going to be home, do you know for sure yet? That is an awesome song!