Thursday, February 12, 2009

Crazy Tuesday.....

Well, this past Tuesday was quite interesting. I was on my afternoon route and I almost hit a kid with my bus! I was driving down this main road, and right as the car coming from the other direction passed me, I saw 3 kids on scooters. Two of them saw me and stopped... the other one ran right out in front of me! I honked my horn, slammed on my brakes, and swerved. I felt something hit my bus and then I couldn't see the kid anymore. I really & truely thought I had ran him over! I was freaking out! Then the monitor that was on my bus saw him get up, grab his scooter, and walk out of the road. The stupid kid then proceeded to give ME a dirty look!! I am SO glad that I had a mouthy monitor on my bus that day! She got off the bus and went over and CHEWED that kid out!! My monitor called my boss to report the incident and he was asking if I needed to have someone take over my route... I thought I was fine. I drove a couple of blocks and had to pull over. My face and hands were numb, I was shaking, I had trouble breathing.... I think I was basically going through shock. So my monitor called my boss back and had another driver take over my route. It scared the living daylights out of me!! Then yesterday my boss pulled me into his office. He told me that my monitor had said that the kid had landed right beside my driver's side wheel. My boss told me that had I simply slammed on my brakes and not swerved, that kid would have been UNDER my wheel... not beside it. The crazy thing is that it all happened so fast that I don't even remember swerving! God was really looking out for both of us that day!

No comments: